My Blog List

Friday, April 1, 2011

What I sometimes think--when I'm good

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own issues, stresses, problems, and crazy life that I forget that so many other people are praying to God just as fervently as I am. They have their own faith-building trials.


  • Maybe you are struggling financially and hope they can make enough money for the next months rent
  • Maybe you have a child with disabilities
  • Maybe you have cancer
  • Maybe your father or mother has cancer
  • Maybe you are unemployed
  • Maybe you just lost your house in a fire
  • Maybe you had a beloved loved one die
  • Maybe you are a single mother
  • Maybe you have a wayward son or daughter
  • Maybe you are in slavery in Africa
  • Maybe you are suffering under the burden of sin
  • Maybe your nation is suffering from a devastating earthquake or Tsunami 
  • Maybe you just had your first child and it is wonderful, but oh so overwhelming
  • Maybe you are suffering from a mental illness
  • Or something else so, so personal
I was thinking the other day (as I sometimes do) as I walked through the library who all these faces are. Everyone is so different. Everyone has their own LIVES. Their own hopes, joys, sorrows, trials, ambitions, heartaches and families. We are so unique and yet all of us commune with God on a daily basis for supplication, help, and strength. He is mindful of each of us, even though we are so different. 

I try not to forget that perhaps someone else is also having a difficult time, even though I may not know them and they are simply my desk partner in the library. 

We're in this together, you and I. 

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Rachel, you are amazing. It takes a lot to look past your own worries and see others around you. I think that's why the Lord focuses on service. When I'm having a bad day, and try and do something for someone else. Even though it's usually small, like make cookies for my husband (something I never do), I just feel better, and my problems feel smaller.

Rachel said...

Thank you!!

Erica said...

Isn't it crazy how same people silently go through hard times?! I know what you mean though. Sometimes it is hard to go through trials because sometimes people have no idea what you are going through. I think you are GREAT, BEAUTIFUL, and SO FUN!